Thursday, January 08, 2015

I have quite a bit to share since my last post...

January 3, 2014 - busy day!

The day started off with Kaila's FIRST basketball game. She was a bit nervous and after having played Laurel, it was justified. Their team was amazing. One of the members of the Laurel team is Kaila's cousin, Mackenzie Miliken. We ended up losing 25-2.

I was able to get some photos, but they are pretty poor quality.





 

Kaila and I went straight from the game to Wal-Mart for our weekly shopping (once a week...another resolution). We purchased what we needed and headed home to get ready for the youth group lock-in. 

Here are some photos of the festivities from the lock-in.

We started by eating walking tacos, chicken dip, chips, a pastry dessert and watching the Steeler's game. The Steelers lost - ugh!






Blake was quite bored and Mason had pity on him and played some air hockey.


After the game, we played "You know you're a redneck if..." and "Taboo". We all called it quits right before 5:00 a.m. It was a pretty relaxing and fun night.


January 5, 2015 -

I got my nails and eyelashes done and Kaila had basketball practice.



January 6, 2015 - HUGE day!

Introducing my GREAT-Niece, Rose Marie Stiles. She is Corey Stiles' daughter. She was born 6 weeks early weighing 2 lbs. 14 oz. and is 17" long.






Another awesome thing that went down on this day was my first painting class! It was held at The Mocha House - Mohawk Coffee House.





I started with this and quickly was enthralled by the whole process.


 



 


Sam...


Sam's masterpiece...


Jackie...


Jackie's masterpiece...


Here's everyone from our little group.



That's my update for today!

Thanks for stopping by!

Shawn

No comments: