Friday, January 02, 2015

Happy New Year!!!!!

I can't believe a new year is upon us. It seems like 2014 just began. 2015 just brings new possibilities and fresh beginnings. I welcome the new year with open arms and great expectations.

I'm going to start with pretty much my usual resolutions/intentions.

1. Lose weight - big surprise
2. Get organized - another shocker
3. Get and keep house clean - an ongoing dream of mine
4. Read more - if I could only remain awake
5. Finish both 2013 and 2014 project life, as well as 2015 - major hurdle
6. Take more pictures of friends/extended family
7. Throw all my procrastinating excuses in the garbage
8. More date nights - 4 a year just isn't enough
9. Insist on a more structured schedule for my minions
10. Put a major dent in my freezer stash

Ahhhh...some of these are actually new and there are only 10.

I would like to document how 2014 ended and 2015 began. NOTHING exciting, but hey - we're great. So, nothing to possibly complain about.

December 31, 2014 - Charlie went to work, I took Nick to/back from work...twice, Kaila had basketball practice and spent the night at Aunt Cathy's. I ended up with a headache and was sleeping by 9:00 p.m. We had leftover pizza for supper. We did start to watch Bourne Supremacy, but I didn't make it. However, whilst I slept Charlie and Blake ate ice cream and enjoyed the movie. Oddly enough I slept the entire night without waking up once until 6:32!!! That's quite a miracle in and of itself.

January 1, 2015 - Charlie and I had high hopes. I took Nick to work (freezing outside) and came home to eat breakfast with Charlie. Blake had stayed up til 3:00 a.m. and slept til after 10. Charlie and I had planned on going to Lowe's to purchase paint, etc. to finish the basement renovations. Well, Lowe's didn't open til 9:00 and we THOUGHT Nick would be done around 10. No...nope that didn't happen. He got done around 11:20. Charlie was going to go hunting at noon, but he really didn't feel good, so he remained home and slept. He slept from about 1:00 til after 6:00. 

Ok. So...no painting today. I decided I wasn't going to waste my well-ness and laze around all day. I trucked my butt down to the basement to organize scrap-related items. My friends know what a hoard of goods I have. Somehow, I actually forget how many supplies I have. It's like Christmas everytime I venture down there. I spent the rest of the day, except supper, cleaning/organizing down there. There is soooo much to do, that it still isn't complete. 

Here's a little layout I created for my sketch blog - here.



Thanks for stopping by!

Shawn

No comments: